Denise Goldberg's blog

A tale of two
Two Acadias, two wheels, two feet

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Photos: Rocks, mud, water









This was a rather quiet stair time, very early in the morning. The traffic up and down these stairs was continuous all day long; many times you couldn't see any light between the people.

The one photo I wish I could have grabbed was on one of my trips down these stairs. A child was climbing up the stairs with her mother, and the child was covered in mud from head to toe. She was smiling, so I can only guess she was having fun rolling in the mud!






Stuck in the mud!

For a minute, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get out of this mess. As I pulled against the sucking of the mud with this foot, my other foot was sinking deeper...

Oh yes, you're absolutely right. I shouldn't have walked in this very wet stuff. But somehow traipsing through this mud felt like something I just had to do!