Denise Goldberg's blog

A tale of two
Two Acadias, two wheels, two feet

Friday, August 15, 2008

Driving, driving...

...heading to the start

We're on our way to our playing destination. It's a long way from home, and we're driving. Hours and hours...

Oh, and we're not quite halfway to our first play place in New Brunswick. I wonder how many days it would take Denise to ride to our starting point. A lot, I think. More days than we have right now... Sometimes it's a good thing to be able to use a car to get to the place where we want to play.

Denise did all of the driving (you expected that, right?), so I told her I'd try to play with some words today. I bounced around the car a little bit, looking aroud, watching things around us. What did I see?

I saw some bright color jumping out of the sea of green trees. I'm sure that the trees showing patches of bright yellow or red were just confused. After all, it is still summer here. Summer, you crazy trees. You're not supposed to be changing color yet!

I saw hawks circling, gliding... And I saw other big birds sitting at the top of tall trees.

I saw warning signs on the road, moose warning signs. I want to see a moose! When Denise called to make B&B reservations, one of the B&B owners warned her to be careful driving and riding, to make sure to watch for moose on the road. I wonder if one of those big creatures will stop to talk with us.

Tomorrow? It's going to be another driving day. Denise thinks we have another 6 to 7 hours of driving. I think I'm going to try to convince her to stop and play with her camera a little bit. Just a little... I know she wants to just get there and start wandering. Where's there? Our end point for tomorrow is Bathurst, New Brunswick. I think that Denise will probably want to walk off the effects of sittling in a car for so many hours. And then Sunday? We'll be riding (at least I hope we will)!
...words courtesy of Rover