Denise Goldberg's blog

A tale of two
Two Acadias, two wheels, two feet

Friday, August 22, 2008

Conversations...

...with a friendly dog

A five o'clock arrival in Bar Harbor...

It was still full daylight, and it was warm - in the high 70s or low 80s. After a week of mostly 60 degree temperatures, it felt quite nice. I actually like he 60 degree range for outside activity, but it felt so nice to be able to walk in very light clothing.

I thought about going for a quick bike ride. That thought didn't last too long when I realized that I really needed some food. I popped over to Siam Orchid for some Thai food. And then I walked.

I walked through (with?) throngs of people to the town pier. Then I headed out on the less busy shore path. I caught up with a woman (and her family) walking with a very friendly big dog. We started talking, and I asked what they had been doing. While they've done other things here, their primary actvity has been hiking. And as we mentioned that word, the dog looked as us, as if to say "Hiking? That sounds better than walking through town. Let's go!" Apparently dogs like hiking at Acadia too!