Denise Goldberg's blog

A tale of two
Two Acadias, two wheels, two feet

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Bathurst introduction

Mushrooms!

It was a long driving day, and as I expected it took until late in the afternoon to reach Bathurst, my home for the next two nights.

I checked in to my B&B, spent a little time chatting with Diane (my hostess), and headed out for a walk. I needed to shake out all of that driving time! A little bit of exploring, back for a quick showers, and it was time for some food.

Well, I thought it was, but when I came downstairs Diane and Jacques were waiting. They were going out to 'hunt' mushrooms, and asked if I'd like to go with them. Of course I was interested, but I felt like I needed food soon. That problem was quickly solved by Jacques; a banana and a glass of tangerine-orange juice gave me walking energy, and I headed out with them and their friend Micael. A walk in the woods, accented by a little rain, and oh! There were mushrooms all over. Jacques pointed out different varieties as he and Diane collected their mushroom treats.

They dropped me off at Nectar, a restaurant on the bay that Diane had recommended. The rain and gray was quickly disappearing, and the sun was highlighting the edges of the clouds. I stoppped to soak in the beautiful sight, then it was time to eat. It was a good dinner, and a good after-dinner walk.

And now, it's time to sleep, and to dream of wandering under my own power tomorrow.